Sunday, October 11, 2015

Sunday Sprinkle: X.X.

X.X.

a smile for you, Jake

I.
One day after class, we sat on my couch and we resembled
high schoolers in college-kid bodies the way we sat side-by-side
and flirted and giggled. And how he doodled two stick-figure people
on my thigh with his pen from school. One of the characters had
real tall hair. I took a picture of it and didn’t wash it off right away.

II.
With a cheesy horror flick on that he rented for us,
we laid on the living room floor atop my pink quilt blanket.
I laid on my stomach as I talked to him.
My finger gently tracing the tattoo on the inside of his arm – JG
It was the night he kissed me for the first time.

III.
I was standing on the patio of the bar he had first recommended
to me months before. Before he started working there.
The bar I went out to for the very first time.
He was working that night as a bouncer.
He came out the door to the patio charging straight toward me.
Almost the way he would if he saw a fight beginning.
Without saying a word, he pulled me in and gave me a big kiss.
It felt like to him I was the only girl there. The only one that mattered.

IV.
In the back alley of the bar, I was about to walk home with a friend
and he snuck away from his job and he kissed me quickly and told
her to protect me and keep me safe, “because she is awesome,” he said.

V.
After he helped me load up my car for my summer back home,
we stood in the living room of my place and I had my arms around his neck.
I kissed those big lips of his and his gorgeous smile.
I put my hands on his cheeks to feel the scruff on his face
and he asked, “Are you going to miss me?”
My head shook the biggest yes it could.
Long before I knew the kind of missing it would be.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Ooh so cute - loved reading this! Would love to hear the rest of this story :)

    ReplyDelete

  2. I am a private loan lender which have all take to be a genuine lender i give out the best loan to my client at a very convenient rate.The interest rate of this loan is 3%.i give out loan to public and private individuals.the maximum amount i give out in this loan is $1,000,000.00 USD why the minimum amount i give out is 5000.for more information

    Your Full Details:
    Full Name :………
    Country :………….
    state:………….
    Sex :………….
    Address............
    Tel :………….
    Occupation :……..
    Amount Required :…………
    Purpose of the Loan :……..
    Loan Duration :…………
    Phone Number :………
    Mobile Number: +919910768937
    Contact Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete