Sunday, October 4, 2015

Apartment Life: My Bathroom

The shower curtain. 

Out of all the things that I was buying and envisioning as I was putting together my room, closet, and bathroom, the damn shower curtain had me the most stressed out. Why?

I had searched websites and I had gone to multiple Targets and tried Bed Bath & Beyond thinking these stores would surely have something that would win me over. I knew that since I was already incorporating a lot of dark and neutral colors with my room and closet, I wanted my bathroom to be bright and colorful. They should have that, right?

No. Nothing. I couldn't find anything that made me happy inside and I wasn't in a mood to settle. And it was getting complicated trying to find other bathroom necessities when I didn't have the focal point to work from. I was soon in crunch time mode too.

Of course, I naturally fell in love with a company, DENY Designs, that happens to be on the higher price range for shower curtains. High enough to where I wasn't sure if I could justify paying that much for a shower curtain.

But I got lucky.

It just so happened to be 4th of July weekend when I was trying to make my final decision when they were having a sweet sale to celebrate the holiday. I still kept going back and forth, but it just seemed meant to be!

So I searched their website for hours on a couple different occasions that weekend because DENY's selection is that big and there are so many patterns that I loved. It was a tough decision. I also was worried about the quality of the shower curtain. The pictures on the site make it hard to visualize. I even looked up reviews and blogs to double make sure.

I finally pulled the plug, picked the pattern, used the sale, and soon my shower curtain was in just in time for the move!

I was also able to get the rest of my bathroom decor and loved that there were so many colors to pull from. I definitely achieved the vision I dreamed up. So let's get to the details!

Shower Curtain - DENY Design in "Some Hearts" pattern
Shower hooks - Target
Soap dispenser - Target
Toothbrush holder - Target
White and blue bathroom rugs - IKEA (Only $9.99 each! And they are super soft!)
Towels - Target
Trashcan - The Container Store
Drawer/sink organizers - The Container Store


Since I splurged on the shower curtain, I kept it simple and inexpensive on the rest of the necessities and decor.


I love my shower hooks! I think they add a little extra feminine feel to the bathroom. They even give off a cool glow in certain lighting.


If you haven't experienced The Container Store yet, you need to. Especially if you are a lover of organization, this place will give you some feels. It has all sorts of organization mechanisms for every place in your home. I picked up these organization blocks to put in my drawer so everything has its place and I am not fumbling through hair ties and other random things to find a bobby pin in a hurry!


I bought bigger blocks for under my sink to hold other little bathroom goodies from lady products, bubble bath, razors, lotions, etc. The Container Store also has dividers for these cubes. I have one that separates my miscellaneous things from my nail care products.


So far my bathroom has been turning into a Taylor Swift bathroom. I have my huge frame in which I switched the poster to the reverse side of her with a bunch of colorful balloons from her Speak Now World Tour. I recently purchased a photo from her 1989 World Tour and put it in a sparkly frame that was given to me by a BFF. It just seemed to fit well and I still needed something to go above my towel rack. I am thinking of somehow incorporating lyrics from her song "Clean," to go above the doorway!


That's a look at my bathroom and some backstory on how it came to be. I still think there is more to be added, but I love how it has come together so far! What cool features does your bathroom have?


post signature

10 comments:

  1. I love these tips to stay organized. Your bathroom makeover looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Courtney! The Container Store may be a great place for you too!

      Delete
  2. love the tips thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gold frame! and the kitty haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The gold frame was from a garage sale years ago! Thought the kitty would be a good little addition for the end :) Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  4. So fun! bright and happy <3 You are WAY more organized than me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might need to experience The Container Store then! ;) Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  5. Your bathroom came out super cute!!

    Tiffany-

    http://simplybeinggreat.net

    ReplyDelete