Thursday, August 15, 2013

On The Verge

I'm on the verge.
I feel like a lot of people can relate to this, especially my peers as we are in this vital part of our lives trying to figure out what the heck we are doing with it.
I started this poem this summer and I have been tinkering with it and revisited it tonight. It still needs work I am sure, but I really like it more and more as I work on it and thought it was the perfect time to post it as we are on the verge of starting a new school year at Emporia State. I'm personally on the verge of my senior year of college. There are a lot of emotions when you are on the verge of something. I like reading through this poem in this fast pace as if I am on the verge of doing some of these things. There is this rush that you get when you are on the verge of something and my goal is to provide a rush with the repetition of words and the speed of the poem. Think about times when you have been on the verge of something great, bittersweet, exciting, risky, etc. The verge is the feeling, the burst of emotion that comes right before something big. It's intense. It's unknowing. It's scary. It's pretty wild, but can still be amazing sometimes.


On The Verge
I'm on the verge of a running sprint.
On the verge of starting my life.
I'm on the verge of ending something sweet.
On the verge of holding on tight.
I'm on the verge;
of trying something new.
On the verge with you.
I'm on the verge.
And on the verge of crying too.
On the verge of looking back.
On the verge of telling you what my heart wants to say.
I'm on the verge of knowing how I feel.
On the verge of something great.
I'm on the verge of writing my best poem.
I'm on the verge of knowing.
On the verge of figuring you out.
I'm on the verge of asking.
On the verge of knowing what to say.
On the verge of a final draft,
of falling asleep,
and on the verge of texting you.
On the verge of yelling and screaming.
I'm on the verge of running.
On the verge of telling you I like you.
I'm on the verge;
hoping you are on the verge too.

Sparkle & Shine.
Rachel



No comments:

Post a Comment