Thursday, June 25, 2015

Putting Too Much Weight Into A Number

In these two pictures I weighed about the same. Maybe a poundish off, if that. With this post, I want to be an example to girls on how the scale shouldn’t be the end all or be all when it comes to our bodies. In the first picture, it was when I had realized I was in a time of my life where I had let my body get a little out of control, which started to make me feel self-conscious about myself. In the second picture, my body is a lot different.

When I trained for Miss Kansas USA, I had conquered those [Ten] pounds I had wanted to lose. But last week, the scale tried to tell me that all those pounds had missed me and came back. I knew not to fall for that. The training that I did and have continued to carry on (but not as intense at the moment) even after the pageant has changed my body a lot. My shoulders are defined, I have lines I didn’t know I could have, my back is pretty sculpted, my legs have a lot more muscle and shape, and now I even have a butt. (Something that I’ve been made fun of for years, but have enjoyed the recent compliments!)
Weight gain from pageant weekend in November to June 19
So maybe the “price I am paying” to have these cool features I’ve never had before is that my number on the scale is a little more. As women, we put so much weight (pun intended. I am not going to try to hide it) into the number we see on the scale, but I like to feel my body instead of look at the number. 

Please ladies, instead of looking down at the scale, look up at the mirror and see the progress in your body. There is so much more than that number. How are your clothes fitting? How does that dress look on you now?

This picture was snapped just over the weekend and thought it was a good visual of lines and muscles I have even with this "weight gain."

Ending with story time:


You know how Five Guys gives you a sack of fries pretty much? Well I ate them all. All of them. And even the whole cheeseburger tonight. And I have some Ben & Jerry’s ice cream waiting for me in the freezer before bed. For real though. OK. Bye! #NotApologizingForThatOne

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment