Friday, June 19, 2015

Bloody Marys, Music, Buttons, Mascara

What. A. Week.
I must say I did a lot of "adulting" this week. Which led me to daydream and want this tonight. So I went and got a damn bloody mary myself! (Another experience I'll have to share in a future blog post)
I've had three different people tell me three different reasons for the shot of beer. Any other guesses?

Can we take a quick second to think about the fact that Hilary Duff came out with a brand new album this week as well?! I went and got it on Tuesday when it came out. Nebraska Furniture Mart didn't even have it out yet at 7PM…… So after months of waiting and all the delays, I was delayed another 15ish minutes while I waited for them to unpack it! I have had it on repeat. I am digging "My Kind", "Confetti" (surprised?", "Breathe In. Breathe Out." and "Tattoo." I've been liking "Sparks" for months since it came out as a single. ;) Anyone else purchase the album? What are your favorites?


She might have been my #WCW this week on Insta. Follow me at glitterandthegirlygirl!
I created my first button for Glitter and the Girly Girl! (Kind of geeking out.) You can find it on the right hand side! If you have a blog, please feel free to put my button on yours. :) I've been having fun learning so much about blogs and what you can do with them besides simply publishing posts.


Lately, I have been digging the half topknot that's in style.


I have also laid off the eyeliner yesterday as pictured above and today, pictured below, to go for a different eye look. I am having my eyes and mascara do their thang. It's a nice change up. I also tried a slick back hairstyle today as well.

And speaking of mascara…on Monday, I asked for recommendations on a Facebook status and over 20 different recommendations later, I bought my first 2 new ones tonight! L'Oreal Miss Manga and Maybelline Pumped Up! Colossal. I am anxious to give them a try! I wish I could buy them all :) I loved getting all the feedback and I plan on doing more of those since I am wearing makeup more for work and have found out how uneducated I am in that department!

Things that have made my week besides the adulting stuff
The Hilary Duff album
My new planner came in the mail (!!!) blog post to come!
A fitness class I like to go to was cancelled last minute so me and a few other "regular ladies" worked out together and it was a neat women empowerment feeling
Spontaneously bought Lena Dunham's Not That Kind of Girl book I've been curious about and hope to actually find an inkling of time here and there to read

I feel like there is a lot happening and coming up and I will be sure to share soon enough. Have a great weekend and drink a bloody mary for me. :) #currentobsessions 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment