Monday, June 29, 2015

STYLE

You got that James Dean, daydream look in your eye…

Okay.

We aren't talking Taylor Swift songs in this post.

It's actually going to be about STYLE. It's been on my mind a lot this year. I finally accepted the fact that people think I am a stylish person and instead of trying not to believe it, I decided to embrace it. Then the big girl job came up so I really had to up my fashion game with business clothes and wearing makeup almost every single day of the week. (A foreign concept to me)

But let me tell you, I'm having a blast. I had already been stretching my style during college, then even more with the progress I made with my workouts, then more with Miss Kansas USA, and now the corporate world.

I've been learning a lot from contouring to the fact that style isn't just about what you are wearing today. Style encompasses a lot of your life. Gala Darling takes style in a whole lot of directions in her blog post, Style Is The Way You Live Your Life.

Along the lines of her post, I have been trying hard not to break the bank as I am attempting to build a "big girl" wardrobe. I have finally built a good foundation of basics and have been challenging myself to use the same outfits, but accessorizing them to be very different looks (because I don't like looking the same way over and over). It's so. much. fun.

Here are a few examples:

Right - A top bun and bold dangly earrings for an edgy sleek look
Curls and a bold chunky necklace made the dress more feminine and girly - Left
#FunFact - My sister actually gave me this dress! I didn't even pick it out :)
Right - A braided bang, long string necklace, and black heels to tie in with the black waistband
The black blazer makes it even more polished and professional and ties in the waistband. So I played with white by connecting the dots (literally), the necklace, and heels. - Left 

From now on, I will try to incorporate STYLE into my future posts. I will also have an album "Look Book" on my Facebook page that will be my home base for all kinds of different looks of mine. This will be a place for anyone to browse my looks, get style inspiration, ask questions, and more!

To end this post, I would like to show how much of a contrast you can make with your looks and how cool it is that a person can be versatile with their style. What's your style? What looks do you typically like to pull off? Tell me!

Pretty & Feminine
Sleek & Chic
Bold & Edgy
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment