Saturday, June 13, 2015

Drive Ins

Good morning & happy Saturday!

I am currently lounging in bed with my window open and can hear the cicadas buzzing. My family and I have learned they are the worst every 17 years when their eggs finally hatch. And it's been 17 years. So they are everywhere and they make their presence known early afternoon until evening. I've been wondering if this is just a midwest thing? How about my out of state friends, do you know what cicada/locusts are and do you get them at your home? It's been a family obsession and frequent topic of discussion with us!

It's been a great start to the weekend! After work, I went straight to the mall so I could finally participate in the semi-annual sales at Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works! I was beyond thrilled to find actual cute bras in my size! And not to mention how good it feels to finally have a better grasp on what size I actually am. That is something I struggled with in high school and college. It wasn't until this past year that I really buckled down and worked with ladies at VS to know what my numbers and letters are, and let me tell you, it helps a lot. I do recommend getting over the awkwardness and asking for their help at VS. (That's their job!) They even went through all the styles and narrowed down which ones worked best for me. Figure out what is best for you and I bet shopping might be less of a headache and clothes will look even better on you!

Later in the night, I went to the drive in with my family to see Jurassic World! And man, it was a great movie! I definitely recommend taking the time to go see it. It was a beautiful night in Kansas City and it cooled down a lot once the stars came out. Have you been to a drive in before?

Things I am excited about:
Lightning bugs are out now
Jurassic World
BBQs
All the goodies I can't wait to use from my shopping trip
A saturday afternoon workout

A list of things you can do:
Make it a mission to find your right size
Go to a drive in
Try new food (I had Panda Express for the first time yesterday!)
See Jurassic World
Participate in semi-annual sales going on right now
Catch lightning bugs

Nail polish I am wearing now:
The Berry Thought of You by OPI
(from their new Brights collection!)

Have a fun weekend!

Little Tico & I playing peek-a-boo and she's doing more of the peeking :)
post signature
Please comment below. I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment