Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The 50th Post: A Thank You


I love Dove chocolates that are filled with caramel. I also love when they have inspiring and witty sayings on the inside of the wrappers. I remember one that I had a long time ago that said two phrases that aren’t used enough are “I love you” and “Thank you.” I thought that was interesting and I could probably agree to it.

As I thought about what I wanted to do for my 50th blog post, I had some ideas, but it finally came to me that I needed to say, “Thank you.” Ever since I read that wrapper, I have been more aware of saying thank you to people. I have realized the impact that it can have whether I am saying it to someone or if I am receiving it. When I graduated high school, I wrote thank you cards to some of my favorite teachers that really impacted my life. I will probably do the same when I graduate college. I have a stash of thank you cards and will probably always have a stash of them throughout my life to thank people. I even mailed one today!

So I want to take the time to thank you for reading my blog whether this is your first time reading, you visit occasionally, or you have read all other 49 posts! I even want to personally thank some people. First, would be my parents, whom I am pretty sure has read every post! My mom supported and encouraged me when I first came up with the idea for this blog and my dad has been sharing my 3 Pennies post at work! To my brother and sister that read them even though my brother thought it was ridiculous I blogged about my picture frame and wine bottle! (LOL) My sister comforted me when I had some negative feedback to it.  I want to do a personal shout out to my Aunt Amy who I think has read every post as well! She has even shared some of my posts and shared her story in response to my “Speak Up” post. 

Now I wanted to list names of people that have contacted me through Facebook, texted me, to even talked to me at the gym about my blog. These are people that have either talked to me about posts, helped me with some, reached out to tell me how it has impacted their life, or encouraged me to keep it up. I really do take it to heart and appreciate all the discussions, comments, emails, messages, and everything in between!

Thank you,
Sammie Stinson – Jessica Eisman – Emily Cavlovic – Jessica Kile – Kendra Folsom – Michael Crosier – Chase Cook – Chris Huey – Dominic Sosinski – Kirsten Zamarripa – Fallon Thompson – Dylan Clark – Daniel Goodman – Brandon Fields – Tommy McMahon – Nick Balliett – Nick Welker – Trey Brokaw – Heather Ludlum – Savannah Casteel – Emily Lai – Tammy Trotter-Smith – Colin Curtis – Nicole Woods - Adam Pack – Eden Tullis – Kelsie Weiser - Kim Mikulan - Nadia Williamson - Greg Ferris - Katherine Boyice - Jessica Vigil
Thank you for reading!

Also a thank you to all the beautiful people in my life that make my life interesting and beautiful like you which gives me things to write about! Thank you for the support through the rough times and all the laughs through the great times. And even a thank you to the people that might have hurt my feelings which just gave me things to write about too for this blog! You gotta have the good and bad, right? It's what makes life even more interesting! 

Speaking of thank you, Thank You by Alanis Morissette is a great song. If you don’t know it already, you should check it out!

I hope you become aware of what a simple thank you can do and start saying it more. It is much appreciated and it feels good to say it!

I do apologize if I may have forgotten someone! 

Sparkle & Shine,
Rachel
Couldn't resist! Chuckled when I saw this :)

1 comment: