Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Those Hazel Eyes


Since I have started this new chapter in my life, I have started to feel more like Taylor Swift and I feel like I can relate to her when it comes to different things and one of those things is the subject of boys. Instead of songs, I write poems. When a boy impacts me whether it is by making me happy, anxious, sad, angry, lead on, or hurt; I write poems to express it. It helps me get feelings out. There was a quote in Taylor Swift’s 2011 calendar that stuck with me and has been on my mind when it comes to me writing poetry about boys.

“I’m the kind of person who needs to feel like everything happens for a reason. When you date a guy and it goes badly, that’s horrible. But if you can write a song about it then it was worth it.”

That last line stuck with me the most for months when I first read it. I feel like now I know if I can write a poem about a certain boy, it means I actually like them or did like them a lot. Now that I revisited this quote for this blog, I reflected over the first part more and also feel like I relate to that. I am a person that likes to believe that things happen for a reason as well. There have been a few boys that I have liked and things didn’t work out and I like to believe that they either taught me something, opened my eyes, or gave me an experience that I needed to have in order to learn and grow stronger. Like Taylor Swift said, it is horrible when it goes bad or doesn’t work out in my case, but it was worth it because I learned and I grew from it. I also got poems out of it too! Like this one called, “Those Hazel Eyes” about a boy I had a really big crush on, but unfortunately things did not work out.

Those Hazel Eyes
You said I made you smile
And I thought you’d stay for awhile
The way you looked at me
With those hazel eyes
Felt like we’re meant to be
In each other’s lives
It was that late night in May
I thought you’d be mine someday
I had a crush
My heart beat fast
Never thought you would rush
And I’d come in last
To another girl
I’d give you the world
But now I have to let go
And just be okay
I’ll go with the flow
And let the feelings slip away


Thank you for reading!
Sparkle & Shine,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment