Tuesday, June 26, 2012

OPI Nail Polish: The Favorites - The Essentials

As many of you now know, one of my best friends, Jessica, and I are obsessed with nail polish. Especially OPI nail polish. Sometimes I really wish you guys could see us in action talking about it. But as I was making my excel spreadsheet of my nail polishes, I thought it would be cool if Jessica and I made a top 10 OPI list. I wanted us to pick 10 colors that we couldn't live without, that if we could only have 10 of them for the rest of our lives what would they be? Or if girls out there are interested in nail polish and want some recommendations, what would be good ones to suggest? I went over to her house yesterday so we could go through our collections and debate and discuss what the top ones would be. Instead of just making one top 10 list, we ended up dividing it up into different lists. We have the limited edition colors, the classics, classic pinks, and then a top 5 basic list. I will break it down even more as we go along.

Ready?

The Limited Edition Top Ten OPI Colors
This list is comprised of ten colors that are out right now and will retire soon or have already retired and you can't get it anywhere! I know, it stinks. But we couldn't not include these amazing colors!
Servin' Up Sparkle - This is the perfect glitter because it has big glitter in it. It's from the Serena Williams collection. It is a silver glitter that can go on top of any color!
Teenage Dream - This is a pink glitter that's from the Katy Perry collection. It is also a big glitter type. It's a favorite of ours because you can use it by itself. Doesn't need to go on top of anything!
Rainbow Connection - This one is a thick glitter with different shapes and colors. It is from The Muppets collection that came out last Christmas. It was so popular and sold out fast. I was unable to get it because it was sold out everywhere when it came to Christmas. Jessica got to snag it up though! I have the Kardashian Kolors Nicole by OPI version of it though! There are other versions of it in other brands as well.
Let Me Entertain You - This was from the Burlesque collection and is very flashy.
Merry Midnight - From a Christmas collection. In Jessica's words its "An oldie, but a goodie." It is a dark purple glittery color.
Grape...Set...Match! - Also from the Serena Williams collection and is a true purple with shimmer.
It's My Year - I have blogged about this one already and it is one of my all time favs. It is a gold/purple shimmer. Changes colors in the light! It is from the Miss Universe collection and was very limited edition! Hard to find!
Swimsuit...Nailed It! - This is also from the Miss Universe collection and it is a bold, shimmering, and rich dark blue.
Catch Me In Your Net - I am wearing this one right now. Jessica has this one and it is retired. It is a blue with green glitter in it. So pretty and wish I had it in my collection!
Fly - This is from the Nicki Minaj collection that came out this past winter and is a great solid teal colors. It is thick and doesn't need many coats!

The Classics Top Ten List
These are colors that you can get pretty much anytime. They have not yet retired and can be found almost anywhere OPI is sold. Definitely don't skip over this list if you are interested in expanding your collection!
My Address Is "Hollywood" - This is one of my all time favorites. It is a sophisticated and classy pink that can be worn for professional events, meetings, etc.
The Thrill Of Brazil - I have also blogged about this color. One of my favorite shades of red. It is bold, solid, and thick so you don't have to put too many coats! Can be worn year round.
An Affair In Red Square - This is a nice fall/winter color. It is a darker red with shimmer.
Cajun Shrimp - A fun summer classic! This is an orange-y-pink shade. Also solid, bold, and thick.
In My Back Pocket - Light orange and is a fun color.
A Grape Fit! - A perfect pastel purple shade.
Jade Is The New Black - Awesome green. A darker color good for pretty much year round!
Yoga-ta Get This Blue! - Dark blue with shimmer. It is said this is Taylor Swift's favorite OPI shade!
Lincoln Park After Dark - This is a good dark shade. It is a purple shade, but it is so dark it can look black at a glance. Great for fall and winter or for professional events, meetings, etc.
Suzie Loves Cowboys - This is from the Texas Collection and it is a great dark brown. We think brown is a cool nail polish color.

The Classic Pink Top 6 List
Pink is a common shade of nail polish and popular with the girls! It was hard for us to include all these great pinks in our list so we had to make it's own list! These are also common ones that should be pretty easy to find.
I Think In Pink - Light pink. Jessica says, "Everybody has to have a good light pink." I agree! It is just hard to find a good light pink that is thick enough so you don't have to do 100 coats!
Strawberry Margarita - Classic everyday pink.
Kiss Me On My Tulips - Just came out not too long ago in the Holland collection and is a great bold pink.
Koala Bear-y - Another all time favorite HOT pink!
Dim Sum Plum - Matte fusia. This one is thick and not dull. A favorite!
Flashbulb Fusia - Jessica has this one and I hadn't heard of it, but definitely on my wish list now! Very bright! They weren't kidding with the name!

The Essential Basics
This is our top 5 essential basics that you would need if you are starting a collection or already have them. You need the basics! We feel that if you are into nail polish or thinking about it, that you should have at least 1 pink, glitter, red, dark color, and unique color.
Pink shade - Strawberry Margarita
Glitter - Servin' Up Sparkle
Red - The Thrill of Brazil
Dark color - Lincoln Park After Dark
Unique Color - Cajun Shrimp
All 5 should be available!

Here are some of the colors that were mentioned in this post!
It's My Year - Miss Universe Collection
The Thrill Of Brazil - Classic Red
Dim Sum Plum & Teenage Dream
Fly - Nicki Minaj Collection
Sparkle & Shine,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorites at the moment is Muave to the Beat by Covergirl I love purples (not too dark) and pinks one of my favorite relaxing things to do is paint my toes (would love to do my fingers all the time but cleaning houses makes it a waste but I still do it sometimes lol) I dont have a big collection I tend to keep 2 or 3 colors around till I use them all up then by another

    ReplyDelete