Friday, June 1, 2012

Dress Decorations

In my room in Kansas City, I have 4 dresses hanging on my walls in different places. These are past homecoming and prom dresses. They are beautiful and gorgeous dresses that I couldn't keep in the closet forever and I am too in love with them to sell. They are all me. I believe it started when I had them hanging on the ledge of the top of one of my closets for a really long time. Sammie and I had probably decided to deep clean my room one night and it was time for them to move. I don't know how we got the idea, but we somehow managed to hang them on my walls. When I redid my room last August, we rearranged my dresses as well. I love having them on my walls because they make such neat decorations and it is really unique and different! This way they are not sitting in my closet and I get to enjoy them! I haven't met anyone else that has done the same yet! But maybe some readers will give it a try?

Here is what it looks like! My favorite one is the silver dress drenched in sparkles. It flows down behind my vanity. That corner of the room represents my girly girl side. I have my vanity full of perfumes, jewelery, lotions and more. Then I have my nail polish rack and Susan B. Anthony award plaque hanging above it. This dress really ties in well with that corner and the glamour that goes with it!
The black dress ties in well with my black & white Friends poster.
Eventually Sammie & I want to get fancier hangers to hang them on to make it more classy and sophisticated.
Sparkle & Shine,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment