Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Italian Delight Bulb Moment

I went to work out and I had planned on grabbing some dinner on the way home. While I worked out I decided on what I wanted to eat. I was going to go to Italian Delight because I always forget it’s by my house and they have pizza that I was really craving. I had also decided that I wasn’t going to get it to go. I wanted to eat it there. I went in and I ordered and there was also an older woman there by herself. She ordered herself a slice of hamburger pizza and a beer. And she wasn’t getting it to go either. I sat down by myself at my own table. I was delighted by the sight of the two huge slices of cheese pizza I was about to indulge on and happy to have Dr. Pepper to wash it down with. It was a neat and new experience for me as I enjoyed a dinner out by myself. I looked over at the older woman sitting by herself with her pizza and beer. Her nails were painted red. This made me like her even more and because she showed me that it was okay that I was alone for that meal. I looked across from me to see nobody there. Not the boyfriend from my past, none of my best friends, family or a date I am trying to converse with was there. The other side of the booth was empty. And that was just fine. I was happy to enjoy my gooey cheesy pizza. That’s the light bulb moment. That I just might be starting to get to a point where I don’t need someone everywhere with me. That I can be fine by myself and that I can’t depend on others to make me happy. That's something I have been working on. I couldn't help but feel a little like Elizabeth Gilbert on her year long journey on her own to learn. I felt like I was her in Italy as the cheese stretched as I took a bite. Now would I want to do this every night? No. I really do enjoy other people’s company and I love to talk. But it was nice to enjoy that moment with just me

The pizza was divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment