Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Be Positively Complete

In this past week, I have come to a realization. I have experienced a feeling. Something I haven’t felt in a long time and quite possibly…ever. I could tell you that I am comfortable in my own skin.

I have lost weight and I work out just about every day now. I can tell the difference in my body when I run that I am now stronger, lighter, and faster. It’s an amazing feeling. I’ve learned that it’s not all about looks on the outside, but how you feel inside too.

I have also been working out mentally and spiritually. I received one of the best birthday gifts last November. A friend sent me a book in the mail called, “The Confident Woman” by Joyce Meyer. It is a daily devotional book that I read every night before bed. I started it January 1st and I have yet to miss a day! Almost every devotional impacts me somehow and gets me thinking and learning. I have been trying to apply things from the book to my life and alter my thinking to better it. I feel as if I can tell a difference in my thoughts and how I respond to situations. It’s not perfect and never will be, but it is better and I am happy with that.

I follow a twitter account called Sayings for Girls and there was a tweet once that said something along the lines of your body can make you sexy, your smile can make you pretty, but it is your personality that makes you beautiful. This got me thinking and I feel like I can agree to this. You can be the prettiest girl in the world on the outside, but what’s on the inside matters a whole lot too. Be beautiful inside too so you can be complete; the total package.

I feel as if the greatest thing to have for your wardrobe on the inside would be a positive attitude. Negativity can be unattractive. What does negativity do for you or anybody else? It weighs you down and it could also even be hurtful to others.

Today I chose to take negative things that hurt, frustrated, and irritated me from last night and I channeled it into my workout at the gym. This was a positive way for me to work some anger out and it was also a way to take negative things and put it towards something positive. It made me work harder and longer which made me feel better because I got it out and because of how the workout left me feeling afterwards. The negativity from others made me stronger emotionally, mentally, and physically. I got to learn how to deal with it emotionally and mentally of brushing it off and to keep moving forward and also stronger physically because I worked out that much harder because of it. Turn the negative into a positive! Plus, I feel empowered and confident when I am all sweaty from a workout and today I sure was sweaty!  So I thank you for the extra motivation.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
                                                                         -Eleanor Roosevelt 

Sparkle & Shine,
Rachel


Don't forget to smile anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment