Wednesday, December 18, 2013

My Year In Pictures

As the end of the year is wrapping up, I like to reflect back on the year and look back at how far I've come, the cool people I met, the places I got to see, and neat experiences I was able to have! People know I love pictures and sometimes they are worth more than words as they say. So let me let the pictures do more of the talking in this post. As I was compiling pictures, I was reminded of what a huge year this was. So, welcome to my 2013. Better buckle up!

I went to the New Orleans, Saints vs. Kansas City, Chiefs game in the New Orleans Super Dome!

Had 3 poems published in our student literary journal at ESU

 Planned the Ambassador banquet

Saw Lady Gaga in concert TWICE.


 Finally conducted my first Guy Panel for BUILD Beauty and it turned out to be a success!

Did my first 5k :)

Went to Ambassador District 6 conference in Des Moines, IA.

Ventured to Toledo for the national Blue Key conference with Michelle and made a new friend from Georgia!

Started my new job in the Office of the President

 Became President of Blue Key and have learned the challenges and good feeling that comes with leading these student leaders.

Was the head chair of this Homecoming event that was one of the biggest challenges for me yet, but felt so good seeing it come together. 

Attended my first Sporting KC game

Got to see beautiful Golden, CO while at a Blue Key board retreat.

Took in the culture of New Orleans! Had to try out Bourbon Street :)

Became an opinion writer for the school newspaper. I get to do something I love.

Was crowned Homecoming Queen

And I got to share it with one of my best friends and another "Dotte Original" like me :)

Became a Face of ESU and part of the "I Am A Hornet" Campaign.
I had to get used to seeing my face just about everywhere.

 I even got to be on my own postcard that comes to life through augmented reality!

Oh, and there is a commercial too!

                           

There were so many things in between. A lot of ups and downs as it usually goes, but definitely a great year overall! What were some awesome things that happened in your 2013?

Sparkle & Shine.
Rachel

glitterandthegirlygirl@gmail.com
@theglitterylife
@rachelnmsparkle


1 comment:

  1. This is SO awesome! You have achieved so much and have evolved into a confident woman! I love the walk down memory road of the places you have been and the goals you have achieved. The world awaits what you can do in the future. LOOK OUT! So PROUD to be your mother!

    ReplyDelete