Tuesday, June 25, 2013

When Rain Falls In Love

Last night a small storm came rolling into Emporia. I sat on the balcony porch of my apartment and watched the lightening get closer and heard the first rain drops all the way until the rain came falling down. It was beautiful seeing it get closer, hearing the first rain drops until the steady rain came down. Lines started coming to me. Rain kissing the pavement, hearing the rain drops on the railings, railings I use to hold on to, to keep my balance. I had to start writing. I started writing and sketched out something I am falling in love with (irony). It turned into something and the last couple lines are some of my favorite.

It's cool taking things and comparing it to other things. (Metaphors) The lightning can be flirting, the strikes can be a touch of hand, the first rain drops are those first gentle kisses and the rain fall is letting go completely into the moment.

Sometimes people get scared or they over think things. They always have to think of the logistics, what to do, if it is right or wrong, or if the time is right. Sometimes people just don't let themselves fall, fall in love. Or maybe even fall to their feelings or simply fall into the moment.

When Rain Falls In Love
The first drop of rain kisses the pavement,
more starts to trickle down to earth.

drip, drop.

The water drops all boundaries,
lets the walls down
so it can fall
in love
with the pavement,
in love
with the blades of grass too.
It wants to be soaked up
by the summer soil that needs it
because the rain needs the soil too.

pitter, patter.

The rain drops collide
on life’s railing that I hold on to.
But the rain knows not to clutch
on to the clouds. They let themselves
fall freely in love with the ground.

Sparkle & Shine.
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment