Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tangles

The church sign that I pass pretty much every day on my way to and from the campus said, "Let God Unravel The Tangles Of Your Life." This one stood out to me and I kept visualizing different things. I have been in sort of a funk in various areas of my life. And sometimes I can't help but feel some tangles in my life with everything that I am involved with and all the people I have been blessed with to have in my life as well. I wanted to write a poem in relation to that sign. So I welcome you to read, Tangles.

Tangles
I rolled around in mud.
I was covered in dirt.
I was hurt.
My body was bruised.
My heart was scraped.
God picked me up
and showered me with blessings.
He shampooed me with friends and family
and conditioned me with tough times.
He scrubbed though my worries.
There were bubbles filled with laughter.
He rinsed off the negativity.
I was wrapped up in a warm towel of faith.
My fears started to go away.
He had a wondrous brush.
One that gets all the knots out.
He ran it down my wavy hair--
brushed through my rough patches too.
But He made sure to be gentle with my tangles.

Photo taken in Emporia - November 4th
Sparkle & Shine.
Rachel
@rachlnmsparkle

No comments:

Post a Comment