Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Bare

It was just a matter of minutes.
Only minutes went by when friends started contacting me to see if I was okay after I posted about taking a little hiatus from social media. Friends I hadn't talked to in months and friends from out of state. It was an overwhelming reminder of what a lucky girl I am.

I chose to take a step back and give social media a little break to do some personal healing. Instead, I spent time with family and friends, which was much needed. A lot has happened in my short hiatus, which I am sure I will post about eventually.

Also, I did a little reflecting and writing. A word I have felt lately and seems to be me right now is bare.  This past week, I physically felt it too by not wearing makeup and even spent the week with bare nails. No nail polish. Went down to some basics.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to contact me and send me encouragement, support, and love. And thank you to everyone who took time to hang out with me. You guys are the best.

Bare

I bare it all for you.
I live and learn lessons
so I can tell you about them.

I’ve become a trailblazing fool.
It hurts a little more,
but I still bare it all.

I let you into my world.
I give you glimpses of happiness
and spots of pain.

I bared it all for him;
finally uncovered my heart.
I opened the door when he kept knocking.

I exposed myself and slipped him my secrets.
From my muddy mistakes
to my self-conscious weaknesses.

My whole body was bare.
He took in every inch of me and loved it too.
It was the only way for me to transform.

So I bared myself to chance
and shook hands with risk;
making my whole being bare.

I muttered the [three] words
over and over again.
I loved a lot and lost a little.

He shook me up and picked all my locks.
I could write a whole chapter.
Maybe even a book about him.

The next chapter’s pages are bare.
It’s anxious for fresh ink.
Now it will be even more beautiful.

I can look at the moon;
the same one that shines over him miles away
and know he loves me too.

So here I am.
I’m bare and breathing.
Waiting to write my next story to share.




Sparkle&Shine.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment