Monday, April 13, 2015

#MegaBabeMission

In January, I completed Gala Darling’s first Mega Babe Mission. The mission was to “Write a note to ten friends telling them what you love about them.”

This mission brought out a lot. While it just says 10 friends, I kept it strictly to girls this time around.

I excitedly got my notebook out and started jotting down the names of women in my life that I admire, respect, look up to, call my best friend, have known for years, to months, to only have only hung out with a time or two, and a couple none at all, but still hold a special place in my heart.

Before I knew it, I had written over 30 names! So I decided to put a limit on myself and narrow it down to 30. Around 10 of them received handwritten cards and the other 20 were sent personal Facebook messages.

Once I started sending out the Facebook messages, the responses came flowing in. The feedback was tremendous with a couple girls saying it had made their day. That felt cool.

It didn’t take much for me to feel glad that I actually took the time one night to sit down and do this. It was a neat experience reflecting and thinking about these ladies and what I love about them. To sift through memories and how they have impacted my life.

And to think that I was able to know and tell 30 girls what I love about them astounds me. What’s even crazier is that I could have kept going! I am honored and thankful to have so many great women in my life doing amazing things and who are sweet, caring, and hilarious.

I recommend this activity to anyone. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in life and what’s happening. We rarely take the time to really think about what we love about others. What they mean to us. How they have impacted us. And sometimes, we don’t hear it enough. Some of them also replied back with their own thoughts about me, which warmed my heart. It’s feel good all around.


Are you ready to write some notes?


Sparkle&Shine.
Rachel
@theglitterylife
facebook.com/glitterandthegirlygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment