Sunday, April 12, 2015

Sunday Sprinkle: Lights


Lights

- street lights -
cheap wine
college town bar
you look we chat
flirt flirt flirt
talk to me
tuck my hair behind my ear
strong vodka sprite
leaning in closer
into each other to hear
straws in drinks
twirl them around
music pounding
through speakers vibrating

- stop lights -
and cross walks
people criss-crossing streets
you holding my hand
next place next drink next scene
colorful liquid and shots
maze through brimming bar
full of people and desire
dance sweat dance grind
another look another flirty remark
my hand running through my hair
exchange little secret smirks

- city lights -
you buy me another drink
pulling me closer
kissing me big
sitting on the barstool
you’ve been waiting all night
I’ve been wanting it too
crowd of people put on mute
by our drunken hearts
only me and you
my hand runs through your hair
gently bite your bottom lip
smile
my fingers wipe the red lipstick
from around your lips
let’s get this going

- brake lights -  
and downtown buildings blurring
from the windows of the taxi
think about you think about me
anticipate
look at me squeeze my hand
tip the driver
lead you in follow each other
more kisses
heat rises
you grab I grab
unbutton and unzip
flick the switch
the lamp on the night stand

- lights out -

Sparkle&Shine.
Rachel
@theglitterylife
facebook.com/glitterandthegirlygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment