Saturday, March 17, 2012

Last Week

This past week was a pretty big one. Monday started off pretty crappy. I was irritated with something I may blog about in the future. I won't waste space on this post with it all. But Tuesday morning I got an email from the wife of our new President at Emporia State. Remember I had mentioned in a past post that I had taken the chance and asked him to invite her to BUILD? Well that chance was worth it because the email she sent was telling me she would be attending the meeting the next night! I was ecstatic! She came to the meeting and she was so cute and classy. She sat in the circle with everyone else and spoke and discussed things just like the rest of us. Afterward she offered future help such as even hosting a birthday party for BUILD Beauty at their house! I couldn't believe it. She told me to email her about it and she would help me out. It is so great having that connection with her and being able to email her and have that help! The next night I had dinner at Applebees with Anna and Loryn and in comes the Shonrocks! They were even seated right next to us! So I got to chat with them some more. It was so weird. As if all this is meant to happen. I feel like I am making connections with our President and his wife. I love that I can talk to them and even get help from them in the future!

Wednesday night, Anna and I went to the gym and somebody stole my Vera Bradley ID holder that had my apartment key attached to and held the key to the locker that held our belongings in. They didn't have a master key or extra key to get in our locker. We were pretty paranoid and upset. Whoever took it could have easily gotten into our locker and stole what was in there. They could have driven off with my parents car. It was not the greatest feeling and we didn't get our things out of the locker until the next day around noon. I was phone-less, money-less, car-less. Anna and I walked to the rec center at 6:30 in the morning to tell the person at the front desk to keep an eye on the locker to make sure the person didn't try to get in it. It was a scary experience and we learned our lesson. There was another girl that got cash taken from her Vera Bradley ID holder. So we made new friends out of the deal because they waited with us Wednesday night until they closed and gave us a ride home!

Thursday was a day that used to be significant to me. I was hoping that it wouldn't be hard to get through, but I actually did fine. With the chaos of getting our things back and everything else I had going on, I didn't have too much time to think about it. I feel like I am getting stronger. The song "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson and "Part of Me" by Katy Perry are my anthems at this point in my life. :) They couldn't be any better!

Now it's Spring Break and I have a lot of things I want to do and need to do! I am going to try to make sure I pencil in some relaxation time for myself because I need it! How do you guys make time for yourselves? And what do you do during your "me time"? You can email me your answers at glitterandthegirlygirl@gmail.com.

Sparkle & Shine,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment