Tuesday, October 28, 2014

FAQ: Miss Kansas USA

With the Miss Kansas USA pageant coming up in ONE month, it really has become a huge part of my life at the moment. It has become the main topic of conversation with family and friends on the rare occasions I do get out and when I am not working or working on pageant preparations. Even people I haven’t talked to or seen in years will bring it up because they have seen my updates on social media. It has really become a thing.
I decided to post the questions I get asked a lot since I started this adventure. You may have asked them already or have been wondering the same things as others. So here we go!

When is the competition?
November 28-30th. I’ll be heading there and starting the day after Thanksgiving!

Where is it at?
Wichita, Kansas

When is the show?
That Sunday!

Will it be televised?
I don’t think so, but I am pretty sure they will have it online. I will post about the details when I am informed!

Do you have a talent?
The Miss USA pageant does not include a talent portion in the competition.

What happens next if you were to win Miss Kansas USA?
I would compete in Miss USA representing Kansas proudly J

How many girls are competing?
I am still unsure about the exact number, but I am thinking it will be around 20!

What are you doing to prep for it?
Working out a lot! I have been working with my diet and hitting up the gym. I am now working on my knowledge of current events and interviewing. I will soon start practicing my walks!

Have you found an evening gown yet?
Yes, I have and I am absolutely in love with it. It’s definitely MY dress. Almost feels like it was made for me. It fit my vision of what I wanted for my evening gown. I will not post any pictures online until after the competition, but have showed people personally.

Are you still eating?
LOL. Yes. 

Can anyone come to support?
I am pretty sure. I am still waiting on information about tickets. I will post details as soon as I get them!

What all do you have to do in the competition?
There is an interview portion, swimming suit, evening gown, and on stage question if I were to make it that far!

Are you excited/nervous?
Yes and yes.

Do you have a coach?
No. I decided not to hire a coach. Instead, I have been working with amazing friends on particular things. It has been such a cool process and team effort. I will be writing about “my crew” soon. J

How much money do you need to raise?
I needed to have $900 in sponsorships in which covers my hotel stay, food, printing cots, etc. Then I have been raising funds beyond that that has gone toward my dresses, swimsuit, makeup, and more.

You can still contribute to my adventure! I still need to do dress alterations and purchase shoes, accessories, tanning, and extensions. You can access my Go Fund Me page here: Go Fund Rachel
Don’t want to go that route? You can contact me personally!

Thank you to everyone that has contributed so far through donations and sponsorships. I wouldn’t have been able to do this without you. I have learned so much about different things and myself already and I haven’t even made it to the competition weekend!


Have more questions? Just ask! J
Sparkle&Shine.
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment