Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The B&G Series: Boy Categories

Maybe it’s slightly stereotyping, but maybe I am going off of experience. After 3 years of being single with a slight stint of a short-term relationship, I’ve encountered an array of boys and enough of them to start forming categories. Categories that also help me figure out how to deal with them and treat them overall.

So I present to you a few categories I have come up with and experienced. Now, when I group some of them together, there are a few exceptions that aren’t exactly like my description. I know this. So please don’t get offended. These are just some things to think about!

I present to you the following categories of boys:

The Frat Guys – These guys are about brotherhood, but more often than not, when it comes to girls, the bond gets a little gray and the lines get overstepped. It doesn’t matter too much if one has a crush on you. Others will still pursue you anyway. The parties, date nights, and formals are a lot of fun and should be experienced at least once if you are a college student. They know how to have fun and always make sure to.

Baseball Boys – I’ve heard about the stigma of them being jerks and I haven’t learned otherwise. I’ve pitched the idea with 3 different ones.
One – Led me to believe he was single when he actually was in a serious relationship with a girl long distance and tried to lie about it even when I had proof.
Two – Didn’t treat my best friends very well and I just wasn’t having it.
Three – Dropped me just as fast as he had reeled me into liking him.
To me, that looks like 3 big strikes. So I won’t be holding my breath for one to change my mind. Too many curve balls for me.

The Weekenders – Typically, you will only hear from these guys on the weekend. School, sports, jobs, and other things come first during the week, but weekends are for having fun and chasing girls. You see them at the bars with friends and flirting with girls. They may text you before the night gets started wondering what you will be doing and where you will be going for the night. Others will text you as the night is winding down especially after they see you out. Their level of attractiveness is high while any level of commitment is terribly low. They are the spontaneous fun time guys. Don't get your hopes up for anything more.

The Good Guys – Now these are not the average good guys. These are the really really good guys. Most of the time, they are from a small conservative town and have a great religious background. They can almost be too good and even make the good girls feel a little bad. Having grown up in a big city surrounded by both liberals and conservatives, different races, sexual orientations, and religions, it makes it a little hard to mesh well with them. They get tempted, but can feel bad making out with a girl they aren’t in a relationship with. But man, they will make great husbands with the right lady just for them.

The Charmers – Oh, the lines. You don’t have normal conversations with this person. It’s straight up flirting the whole time. They are smart and somewhat smooth. They challenge you and question you all the while you do the same thing back to them. They are fun to debate and compete with, but good luck having any relationship with them. Either they aren't really that invested in your or it's just exhausting.

The Lingerers – They like to lurk. On social media. They might delete you on Snapchat or unfollow you on Twitter, but they will most likely come back. Their egos are big and they portray a lot of confidence, but personally can’t approach me properly. They will watch my Snapchat stories and like my latest Instagram photo. When I see them out, they will look at me from across the bar, but not even acknowledge me as I pass by. But then they will promptly send me a Snapchat after I have left or text me after I have left town to ask me on a date.

 … 

Wondering where the bad boys are? They are so extensive, they get their own future post. :) 

Sparkle&Shine.
Rachel
@theglitterylife

galleryhip.com

No comments:

Post a Comment