Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The B&G Series: The New Girl

Hello, February.

For the month of February, my goal is to focus on girls and boys. With three years of blogging experience, I know boys and girls are the popular topics. Especially when you mix them together and try to attempt this concept of relationships. 

It fascinates me. 
I love analyzing and discussing the wide range of topics and situations that come up with the sexes. My own life and the adventures I've had thus far have given me good examples to use and ponder. Seriously, I really need to get to work on a book just about my "dating" life. I have blue prints started. Then I have my whole circle of friends that are great at discussing, living, and sharing their experiences with me to sift through and be inspired by. 

February is all about the relationships. It's when our status becomes really public when Valentine's Day comes to stage for its yearly appearance. So what better time to talk about girls and boys?

This month, I am trying to be all about both genders. I'm writing about the different types of boys and girls. The good, the bad, the awkward, the romantic. I am highlighting people like the New Girl, the Other Girl, the Bad Boys, the Charmers, the Lingerers, and more. I'm writing opinions, depicting scenes, and posting poetry that brings these people to life. 

This is going to be some real life Sex & The City. 

But named The B&G Series (The Boys and Girls Series -- Not Biscuits and Gravy even though it sounds amazing) to be a bit more original.
You all ready?

The New Girl

They look at me. I see when he introduces me that they look at me – taking me in. The new girl. The first girl he’s seen with since he split with the last one he had been with for a number of years. They glance at me from time to time from across the bar. I wonder what they are thinking.

Are they debating if he downgraded or upgraded? Are they measuring me up against his ex? Do they stand there with a raised eyebrow and think, hmm, she is younger. Do they know me from my high school days or are wondering about everything they have ever heard about me? Are they thinking, I have seen her on Facebook?

I start to wonder if she would come to this same bar and hang with his same best friends once before. Did she laugh with them? What did she drink? He grabs my hand and I wonder if he held her hand too.

They look at me. I am his new girl. And that’s how they will know me. Am I living in a shadow? Are there expectations I have that I don’t know about? Take a drink.

When he kisses me for the first time, I wonder how brand new I feel. The new girl. With different hair his hands can run through and different lips he tastes. My curves aren’t the same. This intimacy isn’t the same. I am not what he is used to. I’m still the new girl. I’m not her.


Sparkle&Shine.
Rachel
@theglitterylife




No comments:

Post a Comment