Sunday, May 3, 2015

Sunday Sprinkle: Fighting For Fireflies

Fighting for Fireflies

I fight for fireflies at night during dark days.
Their bursts of light are shining inspiration.
Like a heart beats; they twinkle.
Keeping my curious spirit alive.

I search for rainbows in storms.
Their colors grace cloudy skies
showing me to cherish the good
as the same as the bad times.

I yearn for butterflies in my stomach.
Their wings flutter, kissing my feelings
all over. Making me tingle from his touch;
teaching me about that 4-letter-word, love.

I dream for girls to love themselves.
Their confident smiles glowing loudly
and their skin breathing fresh air.
Flaw wouldn’t be a word anymore.

I fight for fireflies.
I search for rainbows.
I yearn for butterflies.
I dream for girls.

I write for you.

Sparkle&Shine.
Rachel
@theglitterylife
facebook.com/glitterandthegirlygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment