Monday, July 6, 2015

#RadicalSelfLoveJuly - Drawings & Rainbows

Oh, it's already a week into July? That's cool!

My Fourth look
This month, Gala Darling brought back her photo challenge for July called #RadicalSelfLoveJuly. I didn't even know who Gala Darling was last July, but boy I am sure glad I know her this July! It is also my first month-long photo challenge and so far, so good!

The first day had us draw a self portrait of ourselves. I was actually pretty happy with how mine turned out. I went through a small art phase when I was little. I wish I was a little bit better or maybe practiced more!

 


Feel free to hop in the challenge at any time! I have one hanging in my room and one in my cube so I am reminded often. It's also cool to see what people I don't even know have posted too. It's a great positive connection!

Today's photo was "Rainbow." I had visioned doing a Wizard of Oz theme early in the day, but it was quite weird how the day took a turn. I was driving home when huge storms hit Kansas City. I was going 40mph on the highway for awhile and had a couple scary moments which included the sirens going off when I was up the street from my house. I truly felt like Dorothy hurrying home when the tornado comes. So I knew for sure, Wizard of Oz had to be today's photo. Kansas, storms, Somewhere Over The Rainbow. It was too obvious not to ignore.


Took some time out of my Sunday evening last night to go to the lake with a friend I've known for years that's in town visiting from Chicago. I always like taking a break in nature especially when I am needing it the most. Sat on a little cliff and threw small rocks in the water. Something I don't do enough!

#NoFilter

Ending with story time:

So, I finally bought Sam Smith's album. I know I am fashionably super late to this party. The first couple nights, I was frustrated with myself because I had been missing out on this amazing-ness for so long. I have been obsessed. A couple nights I had to tell myself, you can listen one more time. The album will be there tomorrow. And today I hear he is going to be in St. Louis on July 30th. I really would love to go! Any Sam Smith fans?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment