Sunday, July 26, 2015

Sunday Sprinkle: A Different Way

This piece was created a long time ago. It's amazing how much people can shake you up. It's also amazing all the different emotions one can feel. I've done a lot of mending and when I revisit poems like this, it's weird to think how much my feelings have changed or how intense I felt things at a certain time. Now those feelings are so different. Another moment in time where I can see my growth through past words I wrote. 

A Different Way

My memories of the view from the night sky
of the Pittsburgh lights brings tears to my eyes.

It’s taking my breath away again, but in a different way.
It doesn’t mean I’ll be seeing you shortly;
that you’ll be meeting me at the airport at 11:40.
I won’t be seeing your face, giving you a hug,
and kissing you for the first time in a month.

My heart is missing you again, but in a different way.
I’m wondering if I’ll ever get to walk up to you
as you look and take me in with your eyes.
My eyes miss seeing you in your glasses
that make you look like the college professor you will be.

My mind won’t let me live a day without thinking about you.
What did you do to me?

You held onto me longer than you should.
You didn’t want to let me go; just couldn’t get enough.
I loved you more than I thought I could.
You like to have what you can’t.
I’m missing you again as my man.
Maybe I really am your lady.

You said, “see you soon” and kissed my runny-nosed face
and I didn’t know it would be in a different way.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment