Monday, August 3, 2015

Rachel Ramble: Bubble Baths & Stress Fests

Wait. It's already the 3rd of August?

Currently: Singing to the Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Cheek to Cheek album while I type.

I am pretty much settled into the new place now (finally) and now we are one week and a day-ish away from the big event at work! (holy smokes)

You can imagine with the celebration right on the horizon, I have been living in a stress fest and here are some results of that stress fest:

  • I have been trying to relax when I can so I asked my lovely Facebook friends for recommendations for bubble bath. And of course, they delivered. I ended up getting bubbles from Lush cosmetics. I love that the blue one was named Dorothy and was described to take you "Somewhere over the Lush rainbow." (clever)
  • Bee tee dubs...Bath & Body Works has a couple new lines of candles out and it was hard to pick just one two.
  • I've been working really hard and also haven't bought new tennis shoes in over a year (it's about time for new ones anyway), so I treated myself to new kicks. Day dreaming of future beautiful runs and sweat sessions at the gym.
  • Anna and I ordered take out cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory and picked it up in our sweatpants.
  • I started reading Gala Darling's Radical Self Love book and I loved this quote so much, I tweeted it. 

You may think that you want to look different, but what you really want is to feel different. 

And then Gala Darling favorited and retweeted it and I might have freaked out just a little and tweeted about how ecstatic I was that she did that and then she favorited that too so it became a vicious cycle of excitement. It was a lot to handle in just a few minutes.

The last couple weeks have consisted of:

Two Sporting KC games | Westport nights | Trying a new coffee shop | New food places | Visits from out of town friends | Bubble baths | Glitter nail polish | Big Brother | A lot of work | Pretty Kansas sunsets | My nephew turning 16

Current obsessions: My new super duper soft blanket from Target & V8 tomato juice

Just did some air piano. 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment