Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Touchy Subject

I was about to hang out with a boy when my roommate was trying to make bets that he would try to make a move on me. I told her that nothing was going to happen even though I wasn't going to be surprised if he tried to make one. But I was dealt something refreshing. We watched a whole movie all the way through with a little conversation here and there. When I got back home, I was happy to report to my roommate, "He didn't even touch me! He hugged me when I left!" Not long after, the same thing happened with another boy. I came back and said, "He didn't even touch me!" But with a little confusion.

I told one of my close friends and she said, "Good!" She thought it was respectful and mature of them. I agreed that I did like that respect and it was a little different for me. But I couldn't help but wonder why they hadn't tried to make a little move or even get close to me?

It was just a couple weeks later when that same friend texted me, "So...I totally understand your whole 'he wouldn't even touch me' comment now..." I talked to her about it and she told me that she had hung out with a guy and all he did was give her a hug. She had this awkward feeling and wondered why he didn't try or if she did something wrong. Was he attracted? He said he was?

It has become a fine line and a "touchy" subject at this age of ours. Is there really a "too little" that goes opposite to "too much" for one of your first times hanging out with the opposite sex?

We battle with these feelings as girls. We like that they are not trying to be all over us, but at the same time, we wouldn't mind a little something. Sit a little closer, hold a hand, a goodnight kiss? What is "too little" and what is "too much?"

Share your thoughts!
You can email me at glitterandthegirlygirl@gmail.com, tweet me @rachelnmsparkle, or comment on here!

Sparkle & Shine,
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment