Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Little Things: Simple Thoughts, Kind Words, and Amazing Gestures

Recently I have learned that what you get out of something depends on what you put into it and that when you are kind to others, you really do get rewarded. The last couple months I have been overwhelmed with little things from people that I really appreciate. I received a message from a girl I used to go to high school with saying she admires what I am doing and there needs to be more people like me in the world. I had a friend from ESU send me a song in which he thought of BUILD Beauty when he heard it and wanted to share it with me. A girl I graduated with has offered to give a Mary Kay facial party for BUILD at the end of the month because she has seen on Facebook all the things I post about it. I had great responses to my post about my pen pal. I got a drink from the gas station last week and the guy only charged me the refill price and tonight at Freddy's one of the guys working came over to Anna and I and gave us a free sundae because they had made an extra. I had a poem book I fell in love with that I checked out from the library that was due and I couldn't renew. But the librarian bent the rules and acted like we put it on the shelf so I could renew it again.
I had also received an email from somebody that really meant a lot. It was from somebody I had kind of a weird awkward mutual connection with at ESU and she made the gesture to step up and break that weirdness and also said kind words. It was very unexpected. Which makes it even better.
I have been savoring these random acts of kindness and the kind words too. I have been all about random acts of kindness, especially with the Pay It Forward program in Ambassadors. It is nice to get them back. I love it all and I am so thankful for it. Even down to the refill price on my drink! It really can make some people's days.
It is also amazing to know that people have been reading my statuses on Facebook, reading my tweets on Twitter, watching my YouTube videos and reading my blog. So if you are reading this...thank you! :) You are great and I hope you have a great morning/afternoon/night!
On my Taylor Swift calendar there are quotes from her and she has a little thank you note to anyone that has even taken the time to watch a music video or listen to song of hers. That's what I feel like. Thank you for taking the time!

Be thankful for the little things and be more conscious about it. See what you get :)

Sparkle & Shine,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment