Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sunday Sprinkle: The Stairwell

Since it has been so cold lately, I feel like we need something steamy to heat us up. :)
Stay warm, glitter readers and maybe share some kisses with someone special! 

The Stairwell
We walked in the cool city breeze
with our arms around each other’s backs.
Back to the hotel in search for a moment alone.
We stopped to kiss once along the sidewalk,
another on a stiff couch in the hotel hallway.
We found stairs that nobody normally use
so we could use each other’s kisses
in an attempt to satisfy our attraction.
We found a place and met each other’s eyes.
I dropped my purse to the ground
right before he pressed me to the wall with his kiss.
The friction of his kiss and his jeans
made the heat rise in my body.
There were no colors on the white walls and cement stairs,
but he brought color to me.
He brought red to my cheeks and the tip of my nose,
with his LA sun bleached hair my fingers had run through,
and the green button-down shirt my hands had smoothed over. 
There were no sounds that filled that empty stairwell
except for our breath trying to catch up with us.


Sparkle&Shine.
Rachel
@theglitterylife

1 comment: