Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sunday Sprinkle: Believing in Glitter

Hi, 2015!

I hope you glitter readers had a great NYE and have had a spectacular four days so far. I have been anxiously waiting to use this poem as my first Sunday Sprinkle of 2015. I spent a lot of December sketching and visiting this piece trying to grasp all the right things for it. 

It has been a tough last few months and it's been teaching me how much I really do value positivity. It has shown me what a "rainbows and butterflies" girl I am and I am not sorry about it at all. So let's start this 2015 Sunday Sprinkle off right! 

Here is to you. I send good luck and good vibes to those that have set resolutions and goals this year. May you achieve, succeed, fail, but keep going anyway. :)


Believing in Glitter

I fight for fireflies at night during dark days.
Their bursts of light are shining inspiration.
Like a heart beats; they twinkle.
Keeping my curious spirit alive.

I search for rainbows in storms.
Their colors grace grey cloudy skies
showing me to cherish and treat the good
as the same as the muddy bad times.

I yearn for butterflies in my stomach.
Their wings flutter, kissing my feelings
all over. Making me tingle from his touch;
teaching me about that 4-letter-word, love.

I dream for girls to love themselves.
Their confident smiles glowing loudly
and their skin breathing fresh air.
Flaw wouldn’t be a word anymore.

I strive to smell as many flowers as possible.
Their short-lived beauty and simplicity
whispers to me to slow down and savor
every pivotal moment like their petals.

I believe in glitter and sequence.
Their girly essence is sprinkled in me
coaxing me to have fun tonight;
telling me to leave my heart wide open.


Do you believe in glitter?

Sparkle&Shine.
Rachel
@theglitterylife
#SundaySprinkle


rebloggy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment