Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Journal Scribble: I Am Glitter


February 9    …    My bed

I am like glitter.
Once I’ve entered your life, it’s kind of hard to get rid of me all the way. fully. I am sort of…everywhere. I’m right here, and on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. I’m on Snapchat. Forever floating on the Internet in posts, pictures, videos, articles. At ESU, I was everywhere on campus, at events, on postcards, and posters, and on the website. I was seen in offices and in bars. I was at games and at dinners. Emporia was small enough and I was known enough that I told a boy once that you can’t really escape me. If I had a fall out with anyone, be prepared to continually see me and run into me. That’s just how it goes. Even after leaving ESU and Emporia, I still visit from time to time and I appear in those offices and in those bars once again. I can’t seem to fully go away for good. Same with Kansas City. I’m always here and around on social media too. And maybe you’ll find those stray pieces of glitter randomly in a place, a song, a scent, a phrase, food you’ve shared with me, or a moment in a memory that comes back to you. I’m always here and around. I’m the glitter in the air and the random one you find on your pillow or the passenger seat of your car. I always seem to leave a little trail behind.

Sparkle&Shine.
Rachel
@theglitterylife
facebook.com/glitterandthegirlygirl
theglitterylife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment