Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Transformation Tuesday: The Cheetah Shirt

At first it seemed like a weird coincidence.

But I know it’s one of those odd reminders from God and the Universe. Fate. I had received my photos from Kelsie and was in the process of building my Facebook page and website when I went all the way to the beginning of this blog and noticed the cheetah shirt. I was wearing the same cheetah shirt in the picture that would soon become one of my signature pictures for my sites as I did in the very first blog post that had started it all. It was one of those moments where I chuckled, smiled, and thought, huh, interesting.

So I put the two pictures together and was a little overwhelmed with the transition and transformation. Physically, mentally, and emotionally.

The first picture was taken I believe on my 20th birthday. Not even two weeks after I closed a big door and walked away from a relationship. The cheetah shirt was from Delia’s and part of my break up therapy. It was the beginning of my attempts to revamp my style and figure out who Rachel Marshall was just as Rachel Marshall.
I see a girl that had no idea about a lot of things or about herself.
The second picture is so different. Visually, I see a lot more confidence. When I was doing a talk with the Sumner Forensics girls, one of them asked me how long it took me to get the confidence I have now. I was taken back. I’ve never been asked such a thing and was flattered to be seen as a confident woman to these girls. I think this side-by-side picture is a great representation of that journey from the beginning to today. I am not going to sit here while typing this and make everyone think I am perfectly confident. It’s an ever-evolving journey and I still feel like I have a lot to learn at the young age of 23. But I can say that I am to the point where I am the most confident I’ve ever been with myself.
I see a girl that is confident and has learned a thing or two. A girl that’s worked hard, played hard, traveled, kissed, laughed, cried, and has had fun despite the bumps and bruises along the way. And I am glad I finally fell in love with lipstick. :) 
Now the cheetah shirt has become special to me and a little staple to Glitter and the Girly Girl. It became a full circle moment. A beautiful accident. One that makes me smile. 

What’s your staple?
Sparkle&Shine.
Rachel 
@theglitterylife
facebook.com/glitterandthegirlygirl



No comments:

Post a Comment