Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sunday Sprinkle: Moon Slice

Moon Slice

I switched off the light on my nightstand and it became dark.
I turned and laid my face on my pillowcase.
There was a strip of light sharing the pillow with me.
My eyes widened. I suddenly wasn’t alone.
Moon slice

I looked up at my window to see the moon was shining
through the tiny space between the window pane and my curtain.
It landed gently on my pillow right next to me.
I touched it with my fingers and it touched me back sweetly.
Moon silence

I had a slice of the moon all to myself. A moment; delicate and quiet.
Only minutes until it would float from my pillow.
Moving millions of miles, reflecting off waters,
chasing stars, and romancing hearts.
Goodnight, Moon

Sparkle&Shine.
Rachel
@theglitterylife

No comments:

Post a Comment