Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sunday Sprinkle: The Kennedys

The Kennedys
The sun sets through your bedroom window.
Laying there with you, I’ll ask you to tell me everything you know about John F. Kennedy.
You’ll run your fingers through my hair
and ramble on about his beliefs, the women, and Jackie.
We’ll marvel at her beauty and how handsome he was.
I’ll marvel at your eyes and how they smile when you talk about history.
We can wonder if he ever ran his fingers through Jackie’s brown hair
like you do with me while he told her embarrassing college stories from his time at Harvard.
You guess she giggled like me when I chuckle at your cheesy jokes.
How did they look at each other?
I’m sure he loved to gaze into her eyes.
Oh, how they could tell a story, lead you to believe something was there, and confirm
that you don’t know everything.
She was glamour with an air of mystery never to be fully solved,
but John sure loved to try.
We bet he unclasped her pearls gently as her gloves dropped to the ground.
Maybe he kissed her neck and took in the scent of her Chanel No.5 perfume that faded
through the night of dinner with leaders, dancing with athletes, and wine with poets.
I bet he unzipped her dress and took her hand to help her out of it.
You bet she smiled.
He lead the country and he also lead her to her bed
with freedom to explore and conquer every inch of her.
We can wonder if they got lost in the sea of blankets in their White House bed.
I bet they forgot about the world for the night.
John would read the newspapers in the morning.

Sparkle&Shine.
Rachel
@theglitterylife
facebook.com/glitterandthegirlygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment