Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Word to the "Taken" Boys

I don’t know whether I am more irritated or just simply tired. I am tired of the same old sneakiness and sleaziness. So I am here to give it straight to ya. 
Please   Please   Please   if you have a girlfriend, respect her. Please don’t talk to me with sketchy intentions. I’ve been on every side of the word “cheat” and I’ve never thought any them looked good. In any light.
I can tell you that I take it pretty seriously. Once, I literally sat down a guy that consistently chased after me, who had a long time girlfriend, to look him in the face and tell him that as long as he was in a relationship, he was going to get absolutely nowhere with me. And I told him why. I told him my story.  I told him in hopes maybe he would get the consequences and hurt that can come with it. And to tell you, it ruins any chance of a relationship (if you even cared to have one) with me because I already know what you are okay with and do on the down low. Starting a relationship with someone who tried to reach me in such a dishonest way does not appeal to me.

And to those that are a bit sneakier, I will find out. My best friends are really good at finding just about anything out and they are great at telling me about it too. So when I tell you I know you have a girlfriend, just accept it. No need to lie because it will make you look that much worse.

One of the reasons why I am not okay with “taken” guys privately messaging me on social media and/or text is because if you were to get caught by the girlfriend, probably about 9 out of 10 times, she would dislike me automatically for something I didn’t initiate most likely 10 out of the 10 times. I don’t want to be hated over someone I am not interested in or something I didn’t do. 
If you are engaged, please don’t try to make small talk with me over Facebook message.
Don’t pour your heart out to me via text claiming you wouldn’t want a relationship right now with anyone else, but would with me, then get into a relationship a couple days later. It almost makes me feel like you “pre-cheated” or something and now I just feel awkward. For you and the girl.

Don’t tell me you wouldn’t be upset if I texted you. I would rather you not be upset when your girlfriend texts you.

I realize that relationships, especially long term, can fade, get boring, lose it’s spark, and actually become some work. But I can tell you, I am not going to be able to fix it. There might be some kind of allure of talking to someone new. Maybe I am some sort of attraction or fantasy, but I am not a reality to you. Either try to ignite that spark with your lady or take it as a sign that maybe it’s time to let her go. And maybe she can have another chance to find someone that can adore her fully and give her everything she deserves. Think about her too and at least give her that.

And my name is spelled RACHEL.

Sparkle&Shine.

Rachel
@theglitterylife
"Girl At Home" - Taylor Swift 

No comments:

Post a Comment