Monday, December 8, 2014

Make-Believe

Make-Believe
     - Action of pretending or imagining. Typically that things are better than they really are.
Key words: fictitious, fake, made-up, invented, dream, play

Make-Believe

I’ve lived in a make-believe world before
where he is the center and I’m his girl.
We would play house and name our babies
and I went along with dreams he made for me.

He had me hooked with his fictitious feelings
as he made me a character in his book.

I was a good make-believing girl
pretending things were better than they were
---better than he was
because that’s what you do in make-believe worlds.

But the game board crashed to the floor
and our pieces started to scatter.
I looked for the door
as the fake fantasy shattered.

He tore apart what he made up and invented
and I became happy the whole story ended.




Sparkle&Shine.
Rachel
@theglitterylife


No comments:

Post a Comment