Saturday, May 26, 2012

Up In The Air

I keep having this reoccurring theme of feeling up in the air or floating. I have a journal and I have probably written this a few times ever since the break up. That's what started it all. Ever since, things keep happening and coming up that gives me this feeling that everything is so up in the air. That I am floating.

It seems that the majority of my life has always been planned, always a routine, a set thing. I always knew where I was going, what I was doing. There haven't been many points in my life where I didn't have some sort of concrete direction in motion or routine. I've always kind of known what to expect. By the time I was in Kindergarten,  I was telling people I was going to attend Sumner for high school. I went to the same elementary/middle school all the way up until I went to Sumner. Each year I could anticipate what classes I would take next. I did dance and gymnastics at Byrd's for 12 years. I learned a lot of routines there. I was with someone for over three years and could expect what dates would be like, what we would do on the weekends, and even had a good night routine with him. For 4 summers ever since I started working, I knew I would be working at WYCO. It was all routine.

Right after the break up, our cat started to get sick and have problems. She was getting old. I knew I would soon lose her as well. I got news one of my favorite shows of all time, Desperate Housewives, was going to have their last season. That would be gone too. I knew big changes in my life were ahead. As time has gone on and I finally watched the last episodes of the show tonight, it was the cherry on top, the thing that would confirm what I was going to blog about next. This feeling of change and not knowing what to expect.

Summer has definitely been showing me things. Right now I have no routine. I no longer work at WYCO and don't have a job at the moment. I don't have that boyfriend to hang out with a lot over the summer. I don't have a summer reading assignment like I used to while at Sumner. No recital to prep for. There is no routine anymore. I don't have classes, work, meetings and deadlines to fill that. This is such a foreign thing for me. As of right now, it is not until August when I have things picking back up for school. Until then, I am sort of in this waiting stage of life. Remember last blog, I mentioned I am working on my patience? Well, waiting takes patience too. Again, I am getting a lot of practice!

But so far this summer has been great. I have been seeing so many people. I have been able to spend a lot of time with family, friends, and visit with others that I haven't seen in years. I have gotten to enjoy Tuesday family dinners which I miss all the time while at college. My oldest nephew, Logan's voice is changing and he is entering that preteen stage. I got to go to my brother's house and watch episodes of Fantasy Factory with him. I spent the past three days with my niece, Grace. I feel like I am watching myself when I was little as she tells me to watch her do gymnastics moves. She is six and is so smart. SHE read ME a bed time story the other night! I went out last night in Emporia with my sister. It was just us. A girl's night. I have spent a lot of time with really good friends and friends I don't get to see very often. I have had good conversations with them as well. I met a friend I had known since my sophomore year of high school for the first time in person. I visited Sumner and got to visit with a few teachers while I was there. I have been running into and seeing so many people from my past. I feel like there is a reason for it. It has been a reminder that things have changed and that I am getting older. It has also been an amazing reminder of the beautiful people that I have been so blessed to have in my life. It makes me think and my mind explores as I am visiting with all these people and learning what they are doing in their lives. I feel like God has put me in this position of no routine, no job, no deadlines, meetings, and everything else so that I have this time to really spend time with my family, friends, and all the other people that have been in my life at some point. I have definitely been savoring it and I have been thankful to have the time and opportunity to spend time with them.

At this point, I am just trying to get used to this up in the air idea. Of not really knowing what I am doing next week and the week after. I have been learning to have faith that things will work out. It takes time and of course it always seems to come down to me being patient! Until then, I am just taking the time to cherish the moments with wonderful people.

Sparkle & Shine,
Rachel
My visit to Sumner with Marcus. Us with Mrs. Brown.
Logan & I. He is pretty much taller than me now!
The bed time story Grace read to me! Just Go To Bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment