Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Chances

Today Anna and I got a new fish! We are both really excited about having the new little fella with us. We contemplated a lot of names to the point where Anna got desperate and was reading words off of a Cable One advertisement from our mail pile. It was from that, we finally decided on a name. Chance. When we were debating on if we liked it, the song Taking Chances by Celine Dion came to mind and I started singing it. Then Anna thought of one of her favorite songs, Take A Chance On Me by Abba. It all felt...right and...good. Now you may be reading and thinking what is the big deal about a fish's name? Number one, I get really into naming things and number two, I managed to find a deeper meaning behind the name and it is things like that that makes the name even better. The name Chance and the songs that came to mind for us reminded me to take chances in life. What a better time in mine. Tomorrow is the first day of classes and I am excited. I am excited for all 4 of my classes tomorrow and not dreading one. Let me tell you, it is a great feeling. I am anxious to see who I will meet and find out what I am going to learn this semester. I am ready to take it on and take some chances! Who knows what tomorrow will bring. :)

Sparkle & Shine,
Rachel
Chance in his pretty pink rocks! He is a ladies man!

No comments:

Post a Comment