Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Church Sign

There is a church parking lot that I cut across to get to campus every day. They have this sign that they update weekly with a short message. Every Monday morning I am anxious to read the sign and see how I can relate to it or apply it to my life. Usually I can relate it to my life, apply it to my life, or at least it can make me think. I loved this week's message.
We are limited more by our attitude than by opportunities
I thought about this a lot and I think they are on to something. I think this can be true.
Since school has started, I have been working on getting up early in the mornings because I am not a morning person and I want to work on that. I have been taking time to get ready by doing my hair and makeup (when you feel like you look good, you feel good) and allowing myself time to have some breakfast rather than rushing. I feel like this alteration to my morning routine has been helping. I also think this whole new year, new me has been really helping my attitude as well. All of this positive energy has been keeping me going and keeping me productive. Your attitude is a huge factor in how your life will go. There are a lot of opportunities out there and a lot of how it will go depends on your attitude. Sure, there are things that you can't change in life, but your attitude is something you can change. And it can change a lot and go a long way if you keep up that positive attitude. Have you ever went in to take a test thinking, "I am going to fail this" and you do? Or you go to something absolutely dreading it and you end up being miserable the whole time? It seems like your emotions are heightened and you become even more upset just because simply of your attitude in the first place. There are going to be tests you are not confident about and there are going to be things you have to do that you really don't want to do, but if you go in with a positive attitude such as "I will do the best I can, give it all I got and see what happens" or "maybe this won't be as bad as I think it will be" and go in with an open mind, you may have different results. You still might fail that test or maybe whatever it is you go to is really boring anyway, but you just might not feel so bad about it after all. Think about your attitude as you go through your everyday routines of life and see if there are different results if you just simply alter a bit. :)

Sparkle & Shine,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment