Monday, January 9, 2012

The Things You Make

I love writing. Especially poems. For awhile, I wouldn't have time to write or when I would try I didn't write anything good or couldn't finish it. I probably produced one good poem over summer which was about the happiness I was feeling one night because of my boyfriend at the time and the way life was going. After that I didn't write for a long time. With the break up I went through, I was afraid to write and didn't really want to in fear that it would make it hurt even more or if I read it later, it would open the wounds back up. I didn't know where to start and didn't really have any motivation. People told me I should write and that it would help, but I didn't really want to do it. I was avoiding it.
It wasn't until after Thanksgiving break that I finally found inspiration to write my first poem in months. It was the poem that started it all and brought me back. Since then I have written numerous poems and finding comfort in it all. I can't wait to share them with you.
But first, I want to share the poem that opened me up again. It is really special to me and one of my favorites that I have written. It is about a boy that opened my eyes and heart and there were moments I shared with him that made me happy again. I am not going to pull a Taylor Swift tonight and share his name with you! (Lol) Sorry! I am thankful for the moments I had with him and the inspiration he provided. Who knows how I would be and if I would be writing the way I am now. I hope you enjoy!

The Things You Make
You make me laugh
With all your cheesy jokes
You made me happy
When you were the first who spoke
You make me nervous
With hands all sweaty
But you made me calm
As I wondered if I was ready
You make me lose focus
When thinking of kissing you
But you made me smile
With a stomach full of butterflies too
You make me feel
As if I am real again
And you made me believe
When it was you who stepped in.


Thank you for reading :)
Sparkle & Shine,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment