Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year...A Good Excuse to Clean Your Room!

When the New Year started, everything seemed to need to be refreshed especially if I am going to refresh myself for the new year! So I organized my room!

In my room in Kansas City, I have two closets. (I know. I got lucky!) But it got to a point where I had so many clothes, that I could not fit all of them in the two closets and started a pile of clean clothes on the floor! I also had Christmas gifts still laying on the floor and I was very disoriented when it came to my night stand and pretty much everything else. I have learned that the less clutter you have around you, the less cluttered you will feel inside.

Before you start school, organize your room, go through your closets, and organize your book bag and materials for school that way you feel refreshed for the new year and the new semester! You have the time now, so take advantage of it before classes, work, and meetings start taking up a lot of your time! If your things are organized you will feel less stressed and you will know where everything is which will save time and you won't stress as much trying to look for things!


Here are a few pictures of my room and things I use to keep organized! I hope you can find the time to organize the spaces you spend a lot of time in! Let me know how it goes. :)

Sparkle & Shine,
Rachel



Before picture: You can see some Christmas presents on the ground & my pile of clean clothes piling up!
After picture: I now have more floor and it opens up the room!
I love the hanging closet thing with the dividers. I have another one in my other closet. I don't have much drawer space so I use these to store the abundance of t-shirts that I have, jeans, pajamas, sweats, tank tops, shorts, and shoes. Saves a lot of space and still gives you a lot of room to hang things up in your closet!
These Victoria's Secret boxes had a couple of my Christmas gifts in them. They are really nice and make for good storage boxes for things like old pictures, ticket stubs, and more. They can be stashed under your bed, on a shelf, or in your closet!

































No comments:

Post a Comment