Thursday, January 26, 2012

Responsibility

Just a couple of posts ago, I had mentioned how much I like the church sign that I pass each time I walk to campus. It seems like they never disappoint me. This week it says, "The price of greatness is responsibility." As soon as I read that, I thought about BUILD Beauty. BUILD Beauty is the recognized student organization that I founded last Spring semester and I am the president of it here at ESU. I've put quite a lot of effort into it, but unfortunately I feel like I didn't do as well as I could have this last semester when we started our meetings. With the whirlwind of having my own apartment with my roommates, classes, starting my new job on campus, being on the exec board in Ambassadors and the tough stuff going on in my life; it felt like BUILD Beauty kind of took the back seat. I have been brainstorming, meeting with my board and adviser and doing a lot to try to make it even better. It is my responsibility. If I want it to be great, it is my responsibility to make it great. It was my idea and vision and if I want to see it come to life, it comes with that responsibility of making it happen.

You can apply it to your life. If you want to make it on the dean's list in college, you have to take the responsibility of studying and working hard on those papers, projects, and presentations. If you want to make it on the team, you have to take the responsibility of going to practices, working out, and practicing your technique.
Remember, "The price of greatness is responsibility."
It is up to you! :)

Sparkle & Shine,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment